Is this the right way to do synchronous subrequests?

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:00:15 MSK 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:27 AM, Brian Pane <brianp at brianp.net> wrote:

> One specific question I have is: What does the
> NGX_HTTP_SUBREQUEST_IN_MEMORY flag do?

Err...it seems you didn't try google hard enough? ;)

    http://nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2009-November/000011.html

Just as a side note, I'm also thinking about adding "subrequest in
memory" support to my ngx_drizzle module so that people can use the
ngx_eval module to do SQL, like this:

    location /cat {
        eval $res {
             drizzle_query "select count(1) from cats";
             drizzle_pass my_mysql_cluster;
             rds_json compact;    # enable JSON output for the result
        }
        if ($res !~ '"count":1') {
              return 404;
        }