[Probably bug] Memory usage when streaming data from a FCGI application

Pierre Bourdon delroth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 03:28:17 MSD 2010

Hello Maxim,

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 01:21, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> In recent versions you may use
>
>    chunked_trunsfer_encoding off;

But what if I am streaming data I don't know the size yet ? For
example, data coming from a live camera, pre-processed by a FCGI
script and then going through nginx ? I think this is not possible if
chunked encoding is disabled (I would need a valid content-length
header, which I can't provide). The other classic example of the use
of chunked encoding is Comet, which is explained in the link you
provided me.

I guess this is a known problem then. Do you know if it is planned to
fix it in one of the next versions ?

--
Pierre "delroth" Bourdon <delroth at gmail.com>
Étudiant à l'EPITA / Student at EPITA