bug with X-Accel-Expires 0 ?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Jul 1 08:35:15 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 05:21:26PM +0200, Jérôme Loyet wrote:

> Igor, maxim,
>
> did you have time to look at this bug ?

Not really, but I tend to like your aproach.  If we are going to
preserve specific hide headers for cached replies it should be
configurable separately.  Another possible improvement is to
trigger this hiding only when serving reply from cache (but not
in initial reply, as 'Cache-Control: no-cache="header-name"'
should do per RFC 2616).

On the other hand, we've recently discussed related issue in
Russian mailing list:

http://nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-ru/2010-June/034987.html

Consensus seems to be that answers with Set-Cookie should be
considered non-cacheable by default.  And probably all these
cache-specific hiding stuff will just go away.