realip_module

Anatoli Marinov toli at webforge.bg
Tue Aug 16 09:46:11 UTC 2011

Hello mates,
I tried readip_module and I found it does not work as I expect.
For example the header may looks like this:

Where client1 should be the real ip address of the client, proxy1 should
be the first proxy after the client and proxy2 should be the last proxy
after the client and the first before the nginx. Nginx has the
connection with proxy2.
I think In this case readip_module should return client1 ip address. It
returns the latest address in the field - proxy2.
What do you think? Is the behaviour wrong or I do not understand the
meaning of this header?

p.s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Forwarded-For

Thanks in advance.
A. Marinov