Problems building 1.1.3 with keepalive.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Sep 16 13:14:13 UTC 2011

Hello!

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 01:25:47PM +0100, António P. P. Almeida wrote:

> I've tried building 1.1.3 using a bunch of patches provided by Maxim.
>
> They're here:  https://github.com/perusio/nginx-mdounin-patches
>
> With these I was able to get a clean build of 1.1.2.
>
> Applying the same set of patches to 1.1.3 doesn't raise any issues
> when patching. What happens is that the build process fails when
> compiling the ngx_http_fastcgi module.
>
> This is the compiler error message:
>
>      /ngx_http_fastcgi_module.c:1664:32: error: ‘ngx_http_upstream_t’ has no member named ‘keepalive’

Looks like this patch was lost in transit:

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2011-September/001137.html

> I'm using the separate module for ngx_http_upstream keepalive. It's
> not in core.
>
> There's a struct that is lacking a member related to the upstream
> keepalive functionality.
>
> Any idea of what's going on? I know that "my" set of patches is
> "uncommon". Nevertheless I find it a bit strange that the build fails
> with 1.1.3 while is successful with 1.1.2.
>
> The upstream keepalive patches are taken from Maxim's patch queue
> posted earlier this month on this list.

You may have better luck using cumulative patch from here:
http://nginx.org/patches/patch-nginx-keepalive-full-6.txt

Alternatively, just use svn trunk or wait several days for 1.1.4.
Upstream keepalive patches were committed yesterday and will be
available in next devel release.