Update the Chinese documentation with the nginx.org website

姚伟斌 yaoweibin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 10:59:33 UTC 2012

2012/12/24 Ruslan Ermilov <ru at nginx.com>

> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 04:52:44PM +0800, 姚伟斌 wrote:
> >    Hi folks,
> >    We have translated the nginx documentation into Chinese with the
> latest
> >    version ([1]nginx.org repository, Dec 20th).
> >    More Modules whose Chinese description are available:
> >    ngx_http_core_module
> >    ngx_http_empty_gif_module
> >    ngx_http_geo_module
> >    ngx_http_geoip_module
> >    ngx_http_image_filter_module
> >    ngx_http_limit_req_module
> >    ngx_http_log_module
> >    ngx_http_map_module
> >    ngx_http_proxy_module
> >    ngx_http_referer_module
> >    ngx_http_rewrite_module
> >    ngx_http_upstream_module
> >    I also updated the css to make it more beautiful for the Chinese
> >    document. I'm very appreciated if anyone can review it.
> >    Now you can preview the translation at
> >    [2]http://tengine.taobao.org/nginx_docs/cn/. We'll really appreciate
> it
> >    if you report any errors or incorrectness to us. BTW, you are welcome
> >    to join the Nginx Chinese Documentation Translation Project
> >    ([3]https://github.com/taobao/nginx-docs-cn). The process is quite
> easy:
> >    fork the repository, do some translation then pull a request :)
> >    Other parts of the translation will be posted when they are ready.
> >    Merry Christmas. For all the Nginxers.
>
> I have no problem committing the "docs" part of the patch.  Do you
> want this to appear on nginx.org now, or should I wait until after
> you receive some feedback about possible "errors and incorrectness"?
>
> Regarding the CSS changes.  The style.xsls patch can be minimized by
> providing only what is actually different (text-align and font-family):
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/cascade.html#cascading-order
>
> Also, can you elaborate on why did you change the fonts, and what was
> wrong with justified text?

Yes, if you think it's OK, of course you can push it to your website.

The font family is ugly for Chinese character with the original CSS,
especially in firefox. Maybe it can't find the right font and use other
font for replacement.

You can see the justified problem from this documentation (I'm using
Chrome): http://nginx.org/cn/docs/http/ngx_http_addition_module.html.
The space between two sentence is very large. It doesn't not change the
space between characters, it just changes the space between sentence when
justifying. In English or Russian, the justified work is good because the
extra space is added between each word. And you will not see large space
with them. Maybe the problem is not the CSS, but the browser.

--
Weibin Yao
Developer @ Server Platform Team of Taobao