NGINX Module - create variables

Alex Koch alex.koch007 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 3 11:39:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to create a small module which execute some routines, returns an NGX_OK, somewhat similar in concept to http://blog.zhuzhaoyuan.com/2009/08/creating-a-hello-world-nginx-module/

However I would like once the module executes to create variables such as $my_var which would be accessible via config files to other blocks or to the same location block.

I am aware of the "register_variable" option, with "ngx_http_variable_t *var, *v;" - but the examples I have seen so far, execute the module only once this variable is loaded in the config file.

What I would like is being able to define a couple of config variables once my module is loaded. Is this possible at all? If so, could you point me to a sample/module which does this so I can learn from it?

Many thanks,

Alex