proxy input filter chain?

Dave Bailey dave at daveb.net
Fri Mar 15 16:59:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to apply a filter to the request body as it is read from the
client, but before it is sent upstream.  So in the various proxy module
input filters, when the input ngx_buf_t are initialized and pushed onto the
input buffer chain, I would like to pass them through my filter at that
time, so that the input buffer chain contains the buffers that my filter
generates from the original input buffers.  My filter might also (based on
its input) choose to finalize the request with a status code 403 or similar
(e.g. if the input is deemed to be malicious, etc) before the upstream
connection is made.

My questions:

1) Is anything like this currently being developed?
2) If not, could I try to provide a patch?

-dave