Help on designing using multiple location/upstream modules

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 22:37:04 UTC 2013

Hello!

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Reetesh Ranjan wrote:
> Thanks for the help! Going by the documentation of the lua-nginx-module on
> its subrequest handling it looks really promising for my use case.

Great :)

> I am
> currently writing the Sphinx2 upstream module.

BTW, you could also build a lua-resty-sphinx2 library atop ngx_lua's
nonblocking cosocket API instead of writing an upstream C module. You
can check out the lua-resty-mysql or lua-resty-redis libraries for
examples:

    https://github.com/agentzh/lua-resty-mysql

    https://github.com/agentzh/lua-resty-redis

The ngx_lua cosocket API is more flexible and much easier to use :)
That way you also don't have to use nginx subrequests at all ;)

> Would get back with questions
> in case I have any on using the lua-nginx-module for achieving what I need
> to do.

You're recommended to post ngx_lua related questions to the
openresty-en mailing list:

    https://groups.google.com/group/openresty-en

That way we can see your mails sooner rather later :)

Best regards,
-agentzh