Questions for X-Accel-Redirect

Toshikuni Fukaya toshikuni-fukaya at cybozu.co.jp
Fri Dec 19 06:52:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have some questions for X-Accel-Redirect.

Background: I use X-Accel-Redirect to send blob data from a second
server (:8001 in below). I want to send headers from not only the second
but also the first (:8000).
Current nginx implementation, however, sends only headers from the
second except some headers from the first, such as Content-Type.

Question 1:
Can I change this behavior to send headers from the first server
together with ones from the second to a client?

Question 2:
If Q1 is acceptable, I hope to hide some headers by proxy_hide_header
directive. Is this design ok for you?

###  here is my example conf. ###
server {
        listen 80 default_server;