Buffers Chain

Paulo Silva pauloasilva at gmail.com
Sun May 25 23:22:43 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm not sure whether I will face problems with other filters modifying
the response body after mine, but for know I'm comfortable as I can
rebuild the full response body just iterating buffers chains.

As I said before I'm using nginx as reverse proxy and my main goal is
to pass the upstream (proxy_pass) response to another local process
(relative to nginx).

I am benchmarking Unix sockets and Shared memory as IPC.
I did it already for Unix Sockets and with my prototype the nginx
"performance" dropped for half the number of requests per second. Of
course I'm doing something really bad.

Is it OK to use socket/connect/send from inside an nginx module?

I would be glad to hear from you.
Thanks,