Windows shmem fix: makes shared memory fully ASLR and DEP compliant (ea. cache zone, limit zone, etc.)

Sergey Brester serg.brester at sebres.de
Wed Apr 22 11:38:02 UTC 2015

Thx, and sorry for your effort.

I speak "git" (stumble over "hg" sometimes:)

Your patch was a little bit broken:
 * dual ``` return NGX_OK; ``` in line 135 after debug;
 * line 157: ``` if (UnmapViewOfFile(shm->addr) == 0) { ``` should be
removed.

New changeset attached.

BTW: pure C comments are imho rudiments, because these prevent a
(temporary) commenting of larger code blocks. That's why I try to avoid
these - just pure habit.

And really 80 cols (and CRLF-problem) in 21st century?

But, once again sorry and thanks.

Regargs,
sebres.

Am 22.04.2015 10:57, schrieb Filipe DA SILVA:

> Hi,
>
> Please find attach a quickly reworked version of your patch .
>
> I forget to speak about th 80 cols limits.
>
> Regards,
>
> Filipe DA SILVA
>
> DE : nginx-devel-bounces at nginx.org [mailto:nginx-devel-bounces at nginx.org] DE LA PART DE Sergey Brester
> ENVOYÉ : mercredi 22 avril 2015 09:46
> À : nginx-devel at nginx.org
> OBJET : Fwd: Windows shmem fix: makes shared memory fully ASLR and DEP compliant (ea. cache zone, limit zone, etc.)
>
> Hi,
>
> enclosed you will find an attached changeset, that fixes a ASLR/DEP problem on windows platforms (example Win 7/2008 x64).
>
> To find shared addr offset with ASLR, we have successful used the same resp. similar solution on various open source projects (ex.: postgresql etc.). Also nginx with suggested patch works fine over 5 months in production on several machines (Win-2k8-R2).
>
> BTW(1): I have interest to fix a problem with multiple workers under windows (ex.: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,188714,188714#msg-188714 [1]).
> @Maxim Dounin: can you possibly give me more information, what you mean here, resp. what it currently depends on (see http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,188714,212568#msg-212568 [2]).
>
> BTW(2): I would like to fix iocp under windows also. Thanks in advance for any information about.
>
> P.S. speak fluently russian and german...
>
> Regards,
>
> Serg G. Brester (sebres)

Links:
------