500 response with HIT status and cached file is with 200 status

Wandenberg Peixoto wandenberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:45:49 UTC 2016

Hey,

I'm with a weird situation on an nginx instance.
The object on the cache was stored with 200 OK status, but sometimes when a
client request this same object nginx log something like 500 as status, HIT
as cache status, 0 bytes sent and 0 ms as response time.

Have any of you seen an error like that?
What may be causing this situation?
Where I can look for more information?

One possibility I have thought about is an error when nginx tries to write
on the user socket, but I don't know if this would be the expected response.

I'm using nginx 1.8.0 version and RedHat 6.5 on this environment.

Any tips would be appreciate.

Kind regards,
Wandenberg