Fwd: [ module ] Add http upstream keep alive timeout parameter

Wei Xu weixu365 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 04:53:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

Is it possible to merge the upstream keep alive feature first? because it's
a valuable and simple patch.

We're using React server render, and by adding Nginx as the reverse proxy
on each server, our AWS EC2 instances count reduced 25%, from 43 to 27-37
C4.Large instances.

I wrote a detailed article to explain what happened and why it works at:
https://theantway.com/2017/12/metrics-driven-development-how-did-i-reduced-aws-ec2-costs-to-27-and-improved-performance/

The only problem now is we still using the custom patched version, which
makes it *difficult to share the solution with other teams*. So back to the
initial question, is it possible to merge this feature first, and you can
create separate patches if you need to add more features later.

Regards

Wei