Send headers in output body filter ?

Alfred Sawaya alfred at huji.fr
Fri Mar 26 17:05:27 UTC 2021

Hello,

I am developping a nginx C module that aims to modify the backend
response (handled by the proxy module) in order to redact specified strings.

I have a working module, but I am stuck on a case where the module modfy
the length of the backend response. As the output header filter is
called before the output body filter, the content-length is already sent
when the module get the backend response and modifies it.

Is there any normal way to workaround this? I would like to avoid
writing a complete upstream handler... I wonder if it is a known use case?

Thanks !

Alfred