PCRE2 support?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Oct 18 13:45:45 UTC 2021

Hello!

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 08:43:18AM +0200, Dipl. Ing. Sergey Brester wrote:

> Just for the record (and probably to reopen this discussion again).
>
> https://github.com/PhilipHazel/pcre2/issues/26 [3] shows a heavy bug in
> PCRE library (it is not safe to use it anymore, at least without jit) as
> well as the statement of the PCRE developer regarding the end of life
> for PCRE.

Thanks for the link.  So PCRE is basically "gone away" now, and no
longer gets even security support.

While this particular bug does not seem to be critical for nginx,
certainly it's a good reason to add PCRE2 support.  I have some
preliminary/incomplete patch sitting in my patch queue, and I'm
going to revive this work as time permits.