499 error in nginx

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Mon Aug 27 14:44:30 MSD 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:01:33PM +0530, Abhishek Singh wrote:

> I am using nginx as a web and proxy server for mongrel, its working fine but
> i am facing one problem with nginx , i am getting 499 http client error code
> in nginx log file, earlier when i was using lighttpd and pound so i was not
> getting 499 error. So can anyone please explain me what is the main problem
> and how can i resolve this and what is the exact definition of 499 http
> status code.

src/http/ngx_http_request.h:

/*
 * HTTP does not define the code for the case when a client closed
 * the connection while we are processing its request so we introduce
 * own code to log such situation when a client has closed the connection
 * before we even try to send the HTTP header to it
 */
#define NGX_HTTP_CLIENT_CLOSED_REQUEST     499

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/