499 error in nginx

Abhishek Singh opensourcelearning at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:00:59 MSD 2007

Hi Igor,

thanks for replying so fast , i am using nginx as a proxy for mongrel , so
in this scenario my nginx will be client or browser (who has sent this
request) because i am using alertra for website monitoring by urls so there
is one url where i am getting error and alertra is showing

Time: 08/27/2007 04:03:09 US/Eastern
 Abbreviation: slidview
 Checked From: Atlanta USA
 Result: Error
 Result Message: Connection to HTTP service failed
 Server Code: None
 Server Message: Unrecognized HTTP error
 File Size: N/A
 Elapsed Time: 30.07 Seconds

when i am checking in nginx log so for the same url i am getting 499 from
www.alertra.com

as per source file definition "when a client closed
* the connection while we are processing its request" then nginx will log
499 in log file so why alertra will close the connection. or it can happen
timeout setting in alertra, there is timeout setting  of 30 second for that
url. Igor can u please explain me this.

Thanks alot Igor