php/fastcgi + phpMyAdmin => Trailing Dot Issue

Jonathan Dance jd at wuputah.com
Tue Feb 20 00:38:32 MSK 2007

> Does the "hostname" command show hostname with a trailing dot ?

I presume you mean in PHP or phpMyAdmin? In PHP, I just did a <?
print_r($_SERVER); ?> and the HTTP_HOST and SERVER_NAME looks fine (no
trailing dot). Thus, I am really beginning to think this is a
phpMyAdmin-specific issue. I will have to try to dig through what
they're doing.

> Is a "server_name" directive in nginx's phpmyadmin.sitename.com
> "server {}" block ?

Yes. Here is the entire config for the site. The included fcgi.conf is
the complete list of FastCGI parameters as suggested in the wiki.

server {
        server_name db.site.com;
        access_log /blah/blah/log main;
        root /usr/share/phpmyadmin;
        index index.php;

        listen 80;

        location ~ .php$ {
                include /etc/nginx/fcgi.conf;
                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                fastcgi_index index.php;
                fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
/usr/share/phpmyadmin$fastcgi_script_name;