Hello

Mansoor Peerbhoy mansoor at zimbra.com
Mon Jul 23 13:03:31 MSD 2007

Hello everyone

This is my first post on the NGINX mailing list.
First off, fantastic software, Igor, although NGINX fame speaks for itself.

Anyway, a quick question:

I am using NGINX as an HTTP (reverse) proxy, and I need to conditionally redirect some URLs to an external FASTCGI server.
I have read the HTTP rewrite module documentation at http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpRewriteModule and I see that there are ways to conditionally rewrite certain URLs.

I wonder if there is any complete set of NGINX variables ( A sort of NGINX variable reference ) that I can refer to ?

The reason I ask for such a reference is, because the conditions for a rewrite, in my case, are rather complicated.

For instance, I should like to say:
. If URL begins with /xxxx/ AND if the HTTP method is POST, AND if there is no cookie named CCCC in the HTTP header, then redirect the url to /abc/def/ otherwise let it fall through to the default handler.

I wonder if this is possible using the syntax described at http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpRewriteModule

Thanks
Mansoor Peerbhoy