nginx documentation

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Wed Mar 7 23:46:52 MSK 2007

On Son 04.03.2007 20:17, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:

>On Mar 4, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
>
>>it's developer-oriented.  Ordinary _users_ of the software don't care
>>about modules; for them it's better to organized things by functional
>>category (or more generally, according to the mental model the user is
>>likely to have of how a web server functions).
>
>I'd disagree with that.
>
>Looking at the documentation for other webservers, such as apache ,
>everything is presented in terms of modules.

Yep but some of them have a Tutorial/Howto/what ever for the "complete"
overview ;-)

I think this would be very nice if we have it for nginx and not only for
some module developer, imho.

I have started such a think but you know work and some other stuff
wanted also be handled >;-)

>It might make sense to have an overview or tutorial as a general nginx
>man page, describing what features are in each of the core distribution
>modules , but many of the nginx commands exist only if specific modules
>were compiled into the system or not.

I think a "step by step"/Userguide/... would be helpful for the most
beginners and some mature Sysadmins 8-)

BR

Aleks