problem with nginx autoconfigure

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Nov 23 18:14:53 MSK 2007

Hi.

I'm having problems at auto configuring mod_wsgi on FreeBSD.

Here is the configuration:

ngx_feature="wsgi"
ngx_feature_name=
ngx_feature_run=no
ngx_feature_incs="#include <Python.h>"
ngx_feature_path="/usr/local/include/python2.4"
ngx_feature_libs="-L /usr/local/lib -lpython2.4"
ngx_feature_test="Py_Initialize()"
. auto/feature

I think the values are correct (they are queried using Python
distutils), however the nginx configure script has problems with
ngx_feature_libs.

If I remove ngx_feature_libs and, of course, ngx_feature_test, mod_wsgi
configures and compiles without problems.

What can be the problem?

One last question: I would like to add a --with-python= option to the
configure script. This option tells the configure script the "custom"
Python interpreter to use for configuration.

Is this possible without patching the script?

Thanks   Manlio Perillo