monitoring for load balancing

Ben Reubenstein benr at x-cr.com
Wed Nov 28 05:27:12 MSK 2007

Hi ~

If I understand the current proxying system correctly, it is just a
simple round robin.  So when a request comes in the requests are
handed out from the first process and so on.  This can cause a request
to be "stuck" in line.  There is a fair scheduler in the works, more
info here:

http://brainspl.at/articles/2007/11/09/a-fair-proxy-balancer-for-nginx-and-mongrel

As far as monitoring the individual processes, I will often just pop
into the box and take a look via various *nix tools.

~ Ben

--
Ben Reubenstein
303-947-0446