nginx git repository

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Oct 5 21:30:50 MSD 2007

Grzegorz Nosek ha scritto:
> 2007/10/5, Manlio Perillo <manlio_perillo at libero.it>:
>>> If you want (and accept my repo as a pseudo-official one till a really
>>> official one appears), I have absolutely no problem with pulling stuff
>>> from you.
>>>
>> Thanks, but I'm using Mercurial (and I can setup a Mercurial Nginx
>> unofficial repository on my server).
>>

> Do you know of some gateway interface between git and hg? It might prove useful.

I don't know, but there should be an easy way to keep in sync a
Mercurial repository with a Git repository, since there is a Mercurial
clone of the whole kernel repository.

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Manlio, do you have some documentation for your mod_wsgi?
>>
>> For the documentation:
>> (very incomplete)
>> http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxNgxWSGIModule
>>
>> For the examples:
>> http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nginx/mod_wsgi/file/tip/examples/
>
> Thanks a lot, will look into these. Did you try running bigger things
> a'la Django under mod_wsgi?

Not yet.

However you should know that running a "big" application like Django can
blocks the nginx server, especially when using a client server database
over a slow connection.

In the future I will try to add threading support to support "legacy"
applications.

I have written mod_wsgi for best support fast and asynchronous applications.

>> At every commit I try to do as many tests as I can, and I execute a
>> stress test using Apache Bench with many request and high concurrency
>> levels.
>>

> That's pretty reassuring :) Thanks.
>
>> The module is still in development and not yet stabilized.
>> Tests are always really appreciated, but I can suggest you to wait until
>> I will implement the full WSGI 1.0 spec, if yuo want start to use it.
>
> OK, I think I'll give it a try anyway.

I'll wait for a review, thanks.

Do not forget that the current revision of mod_wsgi implements the WSGI
2.0 draft and not the current WSGI 1.0.

> Best regards,
>  Grzegorz Nosek

Regards  Manlio Perillo