Need Help Configuring Nginx to run Wordpress

Rob Schultz lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Apr 25 09:49:54 MSD 2008

Todd HG wrote:

> short_open_tag = On
>
> Because nothing else is jumping out at me I thought I'd entertain your
> suggestion, so I switched to the default theme that comes with Wordpress
> 2.5, and ran into exactly the same issue as before. I've checked every
> tag, and they are all correct. I know because I wrote every line of my
> own theme, and the default wordpress theme appears to be correct as
> well.
>
> In my opinion, if Nginx doesn't have a tutorial clearly explaining how
> to configure and use Nginx with Wordpress, which is the number one blog
> script software in the world, then Nginx isn't ready for prime time.
> Nginx won't be widely accepted and used until it's Wordpress friendly
> with a proper tutorial, and support. I would love to write it and post
> it on my tech site, but I can't seem to even solve my own issue, and no
> one appears to be able to help.
>
> Nginx either works with Wordpress or it doesn't. That's not very
> friendly, or practical. Static websites are a minority these days.
It is not Nginx's responsibility to create guides for different
frameworks / applications its the Frameworks / applications that should
provide the guide to run it on X server. Nginx is a Web Server that
supports FastCGI, Reverse proxy'ing.

But to test, it took ~ 25 mins to get a full Wordpress blog up and
running (first time ever) on my nginx installation. I just followed
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install
and then used this to setup search friendly URL's.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.nginx.english/637