HTTP PUT for file uploads

Michael nginx at thismetalsky.org
Mon Aug 4 15:55:18 MSD 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 09:30:33, Phillip B Oldham said...

>> Just tried it myself, it does send GET rather than PUT.  Weird.
>>
> PUT support for forms is down to the browser. IE doesn't support it, but
> I'm pretty sure FF/Safari/Opera do.

I tested with Firefox 3.

I'm sure you could use AJAX to do it (something like prototype.js), but in a
plain form, it doesn't seem to work.

Also, it's not real useful if the one of the most popular browsers doesn't
support it, yeah?

--
Michael Stella  |  IT Systems Architect
PGP: 1024D/BC3FF6D4 2BC2 A79B 88D1 218A B32B  ED7A 2EC2 1206 BC3F F6D4