SSL Problems with 0.7.[78]

Steffen Weber nginx at steffenweber.net
Thu Aug 7 15:46:05 MSD 2008

Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
> I put up a gentoo box this weekend, and I installed nginx 0.7.7 on it.
>   I put a php backend on via fastcgi.   No matter what I did,
> Firefox+HTTPS didn't work properly. [...]

I'm experiencing the same problem with phpMyAdmin 2.11.8.1, Firefox 3,
nginx 0.7.[78] and SSL. The problem does not occur with Konqueror 3.5.
And it previously worked fine with nginx 0.7.6 and Firefox 3. So the bug
must have been introduced in nginx 0.7.7.

I do not see any error messages in the logs either. Firefox just tries
to load the page "forever" without displaying anything.

 > Godaddy signed chained certificates
My SSL-certificate is self-signed, so this does not seem to be the cause.

The only ssl options I have set in nginx.conf are:

	ssl on;
	ssl_certificate         /path/to/cert.cert;
	ssl_certificate_key     /path/to/cert.key;

Kind regards
Steffen Weber