module proposal: BOSH

Gabriel Ramuglia gabe at vtunnel.com
Thu Aug 7 20:46:57 MSD 2008

A listening socket on the client isn't going to really work because of
firewalls and other network nastiness. And HTTP is the preferred
method for this kind of thing because it works on browsers without
modifying them. Assuming a new standard were made, it would be a good
number of years before the browsers that most people use would support
them, so the standard would be useless anyway, whereas http works now.