nginx-0.7.9

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 04:26:18 MSD 2008

On 8/12/08, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> It doesn't "check the listing".  It only checks existence of directory.
> This saves some syscalls if directory doesn't exists and more than two index
> files configured.

Hmm.

In which case, I guess I don't care, it -adds- a syscall for me where
I don't need one, but as long as it does not error out on a 0711 web
directory (the dir exists, it just is not executable/listable for
non-owner!)

Personally I like allowing the user to customize how many items they
check for. That gives ultimate control of performance to the end user.
If they don't like extra syscalls, force them to rename their files or
something. :p