Help with rebuilding to support FLV module

Igor Clark igor at pokelondon.com
Tue Aug 26 17:21:53 MSD 2008

Hi Adam,

Some outline info here:

http://blog.kovyrin.net/2006/10/08/lighttpd-memcoder-flvtool-for-streaming/

Basically, if you use something like flvtool to add metadata to your
encoded flv files, the ngx_http_flv_module allows your Flash video
player to seek direct to particular points in the FLV file by using ?
start=XXX in the URL. This means you get a kind of pseudo-streaming
effect, as you can use progressively HTTP-downloaded FLV files, but
still scratch directly to specific parts of the file, even before the
whole file (or even the relevant part) has loaded. It's neat, and you
don't have to mess around with RTMP etc just to get this feature.

Cheers