How to write a module to redirect a request to specific server by uri?

nbubingo nbubingo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 10:47:51 MSD 2008

Hello:
I want to write a module to redirect a request to a specific server by uri. when received a request, I need to calculate the secific server's ip with the number in the uri.
I have tried the function of ngx_http_internal_redirect(), but it seems useless to redirect a request to another server. Is there any function can do this?
My purpose is similar to the rewrite module with  the directive of "permanent " , but I can't quite understand the rewrite module, especially the function of ngx_http_rewrite_handler(). Can I just modify the some members in the struct of ngx_http_request_t?

thank you fo any help.

2008-08-31

nbubingo