Fair Proxy Balancer

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 12:14:02 MSK 2008

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 01:33:56AM +0100, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> Actually, I never considered that one might use HAProxy behind Nginx
> in the first place. Rather, I assumed HAProxy would be a more
> naturally placed *before* Nginx, if one wanted, say, a more strictly
> layered setup where a dedicated proxy did the proxying and a web
> server such as Nginx did the static file serving.

Yes, that would be more natural for me too. However, the question was to
compare upstream_fair and haproxy. In order to compare them in any way,
you'd have to put haproxy _behind_ nginx or set up haproxy in front of a
cluster of nginx instances, each fronting one backend.

In both of these setups, the nginx load balancer will be replaced by
the one from haproxy (the difference is the number of nginx instances),
so it would be possible to compare the two load balancers somehow.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek