Stefanita rares Dumitrescu lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Jan 20 22:54:43 MSK 2008

Adrian Perez wrote:
> El Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:36:41 -0800
> Cliff Wells <cliff at develix.com> escribió:
>
>> Why do you need to specify libdir?  Are you running a hybrid 32/64-bit
>> system?
>>
>> > if anyone got it to work on 64bit linux based os, please give me the
>> > hint i need to get the show rolling.
>>
>> I'm running 64-bit (Opteron) on Gentoo, but didn't do anything special
>> to make it work.
>
> Gentoo on x86-64 systems follows the FHS strictly, so /lib is a
> symlink to /lib64 and /usr/lib to /usr/lib64... that's why you don't
> need anything special to link against 64-bit libraries. Other distros
> do the opposite (i.e. linking /lib to /lib32 and so on) because that
> is «supposed to be more compatible».
>
> I haven't used pure 64-bit systems, but it is supposed that /lib
> and /usr/lib are not symlinks but true directories in that case. (At
> least that's what I read in the FHS...)
>
> Regards,

cd /usr \
        && make clean \
        && CFLAGS="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe " CC="gcc" \
                ./configure \
        && make libz.a
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr'
make[1]: *** [/usr/libz.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kit/nginx-0.6.25'
make: *** [build] Error 2

./configure works fine. i do :

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nginx \
--conf-path=/etc/nginx.conf \