[nginx] SSL support and setup

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Jan 26 20:30:17 MSK 2008

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 04:53:04PM +0100, Thomas wrote:

> >From the SSL module documentation page:
> http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpSslModule
>
> it is recommended to run one worker process only and to enable
> keep-alive connections.
>

> However often for serving Rails applications, I see 3 to 5 (probably
> more) worker processes in the configuration files. As this must be set
> for an nginx process, does this mean, that it is better to have 2
> running processes? One for normal HTTP listening on port80 with 5
> worker processes, and another one listening on port 443 with 1 worker
> process?
>
> How do you setup your single server for SSL and non SSL requests?

Since introducing shared ssl_session_cache you should use worker_processes
equals to CPU numbers. Also SSL keep-alive connections take about 100K
per idle connection, so you may disable them.

> PS: could it be possible to automatically add a [nginx] tag to all
> mails sent to the mailing list? That way it is easier to search for
> nginx only related mail in my account, as this account is also used
> for other mailing-lists.

Majordomo does not unescape correctly MIME-encoded Subjects so eventually
a Subject line becomes:

[nginx] Re: [nginx] [nginx] ....

You may filter messages using the field:

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/