what a worker does?

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Tue Jul 1 01:59:42 MSD 2008

I haven't tested it, I just like having a few extra processes, but we
get a ton of connections per second and a ton of stale connections so I
like to have as much 'socket space' as possible.  It seems to spread the
connections somewhat evenly over the worker processes..
It probably won't matter much as long as you have 1 per cpu, but there
is some sort of connection limitation on each process imposed by the
kernel of the OS and if you run into that you will need more processes.