nginx + mono + fastcgi?

Rt Ibmer rtibmx at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 18:19:09 MSD 2008

Hi all - I am trying to port an ASP.NET web app from Windows to Linux and front end it with nginx.  However I'm not sure of the process here...

I installed mono packages with yum and that went ok.

But I'm not sure what to do next. From googling around it appears I need to set up fastcgi somehow.  However I no idea of what the process is.  Is fastcgi something I download and install separately (and if so, from where and how?) or is it part of nginx already?

Then once fastcgi is available, how do I know its location to tell nginx? I have seen some examples of the nginx config files that use proxy_pass and fastcgi but I'm not sure what the path to fastcgi would be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!