Is it possible to monitor the fair proxy balancer?

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 21:57:43 MSD 2008

Hi,

On sob, cze 28, 2008 at 11:36:51 +0200, Brice Figureau wrote:
> I think we could all (I mean mainly module authors) benefits from an nginx
> API (like the configuration system) to declare centrally
> counters/variables of each module that in turn could be displayed by the
> status module. If I have some spare time soon, I'll try to produce an
> nginx patch to implement this.

I have attached an experimental patchset for pluggable status reports
for nginx HTTP modules plus initial upstream_fair support.

The patchset is rather ugly because it requires adding a field to every HTTP
module definition, thus breaking 3rd party modules. However, the
required changes are trivial (as you can see in the patch).

I considered adding support for all modules (not only HTTP ones) and
changing the ngx_module_t structure instead (which has some room to
spare and would only require a few macro changes) but I think it's up to
Igor to decide.

Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek