gzip directives

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Wed Mar 5 01:35:53 MSK 2008

Hi Phillip,

The authoritative reference is here

http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpGzipModule

Here is my gzip conf for comparison

[dave at crimson ~]$ cat /opt/local/etc/nginx/gzip.conf
gzip  on;
gzip_proxied any;
gzip_http_version 1.1;
gzip_min_length  1100;
gzip_comp_level  5;
gzip_buffers     4 8k;
gzip_types       text/plain text/html text/xml text/css application/x-
javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/
javascript application/atom+xml;
#gzip_vary	on;
#gzip_disable        "MSIE [1-6]\.";

Cheers