Problems with fastcgi php migration

Ian M. Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Sun Mar 9 08:35:45 MSK 2008

Philip Ratzsch wrote:
> It strikes me that you could potentially save yourself a lot of headaches involving stripping out path information to generate a filename by having the things like galleries, polls, etc actually be proxied back to a Mongrel cluster running a small Rails app.  URLs like the ones you cited are handled near-natively by the Rails URL parsing mechanism.  Just judging from the names, it doesn't sound like it would be a horribly horrendous conversion process either.

That's one idea, but right now I don't want to add a new layer in.

> Alternatively, a few rewrite directives might be in order.  I'm by no means an expert and don't want to steer you the wrong way by giving flawed examples.

You mean something along the lines of a location specifically for the
extensionless filenames (galleries|polls|reviews|etc) with
fastcgi_params just for them? And another location for php|shtml?

[Note how I don't even try to write the regex's...I truly, truly suck at
understanding them, and as Blanche DuBois said in "A Streetcar Named
Desire", "I rely on the kindness of strangers."]