nginx git repository

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:22:37 MSK 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 05:52:57PM +0100, Glenn Rempe wrote:
> Grzegorz Nosek wrote:
>
> > Oh, I'm that famous already? ;) My repo is cloneable btw so you don't
> > need to apply commit diffs by hand.
>
> Sure!  Lots of people are tracking progress of the fair balancer.  The
> cool people of course.  :-)

Heh :)

> What is the git URL for cloning?  I couldn't figure it out from your
> gitweb site and I tried a bunch of variations.  You have previously said
> that it was gitweb viewing only as you had not setup a git daemon.  Did
> that change?

Yeah, I didn't know anybody actually cared so I didn't publish the URL.

You can grab it at git://git.localdomain.pl/nginx.git

> > No problem at all. However, I'll probably drop the fair balancer from my
> > nginx tree and distribute it as a separate repo, as soon as I manage to
> > do it without losing all the commit history (and find the time of
> > course).
>
> Either way, you can have multiple repositories on GitHub and they are
> free for OpenSource projects.

Great, but I'd like to split the repos _before_ half the world clone it.

>  I sent one to root [at] localdomain dot P L.  GitHub is turning out to
> be a great way to collaborate on code.

Looks like the invite bounced on some mail filter :/ Could you please resend it?

> I look forward to seeing your repo up there.  :-)
>
> Glenn
>
> PS - I am running my site using your fair proxy and several 'Thin'
> servers in front of my Rails app with Nginx fair proxying across several
> UNIX domain sockets that thin is listening on (instead of TCP).  Working
> like a charm so far.  :-)

Great to hear that :) Just make sure you always have the latest
snapshot as there are still bugs lurking and I'm taking them out one by
one ;)

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek