Is it possible to turn off file upload buffering in nginx ?

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Thu May 8 15:37:24 MSD 2008

Hi

On Thu, May 8, 2008 01:48, Chris wrote:
> I just wanted to follow-up on an issue that was first
> raised back in 2006 - are any options planned in nginx
> to allow users to turn off the buffering of file uploads ?
>
> If so do you know the likely timeframe for this ?
>
> Currently this is the only problem stopping me migrating over
> to nginx from pound.
>
> See this link for backgound information:
> http://osdir.com/ml/web.nginx.english/2006-11/msg00017.html

There is still my nginx_upload_progress module.
This is a hack that works only with 1 worker process.
This also hasn't really been tested under load (and I have at least one
user reporting a few crash that are being investigated (but couldn't be
reproduced in the lab)), but YMMV.

You can find the source code and more information here:
http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpUploadProgressModule

Let me know if you use this.
--
Brice Figureau