question about traffic statistics on each vhost,is it po

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat Oct 4 23:29:16 MSD 2008

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 09:15:08PM +0200, Thomas wrote:

> This is getting bad! There is another polish website that appears in
> my $host list, and this bloody website is actually pointing to my
> server!!! I can trace myself clicking around in their website, and I
> see it appear in my nginx log files!!!
>
> Who the f**k would want to do that? Are they trying to intercept some
> of my customers? What's happening!?

Have no idea what they want (may be some XSS).
You can prevent unwanted names using:

        server {
             listen 80 default;
             server_name  _;      # invalid name, catch all
             return 404;
        }

        server {
             listen 80;
             server_name  www.site.com
                          site.com
                          alias.site.com
                          your.ip.address
                          ""      # request without host header (0.7.12+)
                          ;

        server {
             listen 80;
             server_name  other.site.com;