Phpmyadmin and nginx

uros678 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Apr 2 18:28:26 MSD 2009

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and nginx, so please go easy on me. I have a question about setting up a server for phpmyadmin. I'm using debian lenny. Oh, and did I mention that I don't have "a lot" of web experience at all... :)

I installed the phpmyadmin package from the debian repository and now I'm trying to setup the nginx site so that I could access the myphpadmin install like this http://myserver/phpmyadmin. I got to the point where phpinfo() is working if I type http://myserver/test.php. I tried to configure the config files to my best knowledge and with looking at config files on the wiki, but coudn't get it to work...

I don't understand if I must create a new virtual server for the myphpadmin install or can I somehow tell the main server or the default page that /phpmyadmin is located in /usr/share/phpmyadmin. I tried some config examples that I found on the net, but coudn't get it to work.

Is there a documentation file that explains all the nginx.conf parameters? Or have I missed it somewhere?

Thanks and best regards,
Uros

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,753,753#msg-753