nginx mogilefs module 1.0.1

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru
Thu Apr 16 20:34:58 MSD 2009

----- "Michael Shadle" <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There should be no need for multiple $mogilefs_path's as the tracker
> supplies the locations that nginx should be proxying to...
>
> However, failover to a non-mogilefs source does make sense. in this
> case it would be something like this I think:
>
> error_page 502 503 504 = /maintenance.html;
>
> Or something of that nature?
>
> Remember, mogilefs already has its own intelligence built in for
> redundancy. All nginx has to do is take the list of mogstoreds
> (storage nodes that listen over http for basic webdav commands, which
> can be use nginx for that too :)) and try them in either a) the order
> given, b) opposite order or c) random order - the choice should come
> from the feedback from dormando or someone knowledgable with the
> mogilefs code. I am not sure if the tracker arbitrarily gives a list
> of URLs or if there is any context behind it.

Regardless of the fact, that tracker returns path to the host with least load, it would be worth to try secondary locations, since there could some network configuration or routing issue suddenly appear.

However, sysads must be punished for network configurations, where a situation can appear such as tracker can contact storage nodes and frontends not.

Ideally, every frontend node must have a clone of distributed fs repo, which it can contact locally. I don't know whether mogile can do this.

--
Regards,
Valery Kholodkov