Nginx feature request

Roger Pack lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Apr 21 18:43:05 MSD 2009

> Nginx server in front could take care of. I'd rather see something like
> Libevent (i.e. an asynchronous HTTP server engine) with embedded Python.
> The core of Nginx is probably similar to Libevent with its HTTP layer.
> Would be interesting to find out how Nginx core compares to Libevent
> with HTTP layer in terms of performance.

Being somewhat of a newbie, just throwing this out.
It would indeed be interesting to see if nginx with a libev core would
be faster than the current (ex:
http://www.zenebo.com/word/asynchronous-programming/lighttz-a-simple-and-fast-web-server/)

Though probably wouldn't be tons faster.
Thoughts?
-=r