nginx-0.7.52

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Wed Apr 22 16:01:02 MSD 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 04:34:49PM -0700, Chris Cortese wrote:

> Just to clarify:
>
> I'm really wanting to try Igor's latest 0.7.52 native Windows build.
> Ignore the part about "cygwin" being part of the pathname.
> But there is history for why "cygwin" is in my path at all:
>
> 1.  I first was trying the cygwin build from the link out there on the
> net.
> http://www.softwareprojects.com/resources/programming/t-how-to-install-nginx-php-php-fpm-and-mysql-under-1616.html
> Using that link and a couple other things I had to find / figure out, I
> was able to get nginx and php-fpm working on Windows, but I could not
> get the crypt() function to understand / do md5.  This meant I couldn't
> log in to my local website and so this was kind of useless.
>
> 2.  I next tried 0.7.50 from kevinworthington.com.  I think it could
> have worked but it insisted on looking for nginx.conf down under the
> /cygwin place where I had built nginx from source (see #1, above).  I
> could not figure out how to tell it just to use nginx.conf from
> c:\nginx\conf\nginx.conf.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling cygwin
> and nginx (but cygwin is not so easy to uninstall).  That was apparently
> all that I needed to get that working! (Well, I never got to the point
> of testing crypt() on that attempt).
>
> 3.  Then Igor releases 0.7.52 native Windows build which I hoped would
> avoid both the above problems, and it probably still will, but I am
> unclear as to what kind of paths are expected.  Somewhere I read that
> for the SCRIPT_FILENAME, I should include the drive letter, but for the
> "root" directive, I should not...???  And I did not know if double
> quotes should be used, etc.... I can find no documentation on proper
> paths for the new 0.7.52 native Windows build nginx.conf.
>
> I'll keep trying.  Hope that history explains how I got there and why
> "cygwin" still is in my nginx.conf.  I'm no longer trying to use the
> cygwin build.   I just happen to have my web codebase still in that
> location (I've also tried other locations, like c:\nginx\html\www\...etc)

The path in SCRIPT_FILENAME is FastCGI server property. You may run nginx
on Unix host and FastCGI on Windows. And in this case SCRIPT_FILENAME
should have Windows-style path.

If PHP is Cygwin application, then you should use Cygwin-compatible path.
If PHP is native Win32 application, then you should use x:\.. style path.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/