upcoming 0.7.53 large patch

Jérôme Loyet jerome at loyet.net
Fri Apr 24 02:25:09 MSD 2009

> Hi igor,
>
> in order to compile the patch version, I had to modify the patch
> because it tried to patch auto/configure. The configure is in the root
> directory, not in auto. Or I misunderstood something ?
>
> Then I didn't understand how the -p option works. I made the following test:
> ./configure
> /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -p /root/test/nginx
>
> but all file are relative to the default prefix (/usr/local/nginx)
> except the root directive which is relative to /root/test/nginx in my
> case.

I don't know what I did but this behaviour is not the one I described earlier.

The test is the following!
.#/configure
#make && make install
# /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -V
nginx version: nginx/0.7.52
configure arguments:

# (cd /tmp && /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx)
[emerg]: could not open error log file: open() "logs/error.log" failed (2: )

# (cd /path/where/logs/directory/exists && /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx)
[emerg]: open() "conf/conf/nginx.conf" failed (2: )

# (cd /tmp && strace -e open /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -p /root/test/nginx/)
[emerg]: could not open error log file: open() "logs/error.log" failed (2: )

It seems there is a bug with the default error_log and/or the prefix.

++ Jerome