limiting bandwith by querying mysql possible?

partysoft nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Dec 8 07:43:43 MSK 2009

Hi, i haven't found a solution regarding nginx, and it's driving me nuts..
what i'm trying to do is limit the bandwith for each user that i have in a mysqlDB for some mp3.
I already have the DB , and i've been trying to implement this with NginxXSendfile, but that doesn't count traffic , just No. of downloads by calling a php script, and the the php forwards to nginx the file transparently...

this has raised a big amount of suport mails for my system, as the users are...pretty ,,,well you know how they are..

so , i don't have a clue how to do this , i have to really count the traffic...

the situation it's pretty bad as i have more webservers serving, and one central DB...with a cluster...but it's a mysql

what i don't want to do is serve files with php, and of course programming a module is not an option..C++ is pretty hard for me

Thank you for reading this post

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,28763,28763#msg-28763