LDAP support

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.upv.es
Fri Feb 13 20:29:49 MSK 2009

El Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 04:09:43PM +0100, Michael Baudino va escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to know if there is any plan to add LDAP support to nginx
> authentification, either as a core feature, or as a module ?
>
> There was a module posted here several months ago, but i don't know if
> it's still compatible or maintained (it seems not).

I don't know if there are plans to support LDAP directly on nginx, but I
developed a module that can be used to authenticate against it indirectly if
you use a GNU/Linux based system.

The module is called `ngx_http_auth_pam_module` and is available from:

  http://web.iti.upv.es/~sto/nginx/

The module implements HTTP Basic Authentication against PAM and you can use a
PAM module to authenticate against LDAP. I'm using it on production with this
configuration since I developed the module.

Currently the module works with the latest stable nginx version and if anyone
uses it and finds any bugs I would be happy to fix them, as I plan to maintain
it until a better option exists.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.upv.es>       <http://www.iti.upv.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2