Comodo EV SSL cert on nginx

Nick Pearson nick.pearson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 01:07:20 MSK 2009

Hi Kurt,

I've not tested a Comodo cert on nginx, but you can test it by editing your
/etc/hosts file (or on Windows, c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) to
point a domain at a specific IP.  In doing so, your computer will use that
IP when you request the domain (bypassing DNS), allowing you to test the
certificate.  Just be sure to remember to clear that /etc/hosts entry when
you're finished!

Hope that helps.

Nick